Wednesday, August 08, 2012

HE FOUND ME TO LOSE ME

God had been looking for me.

What's weird is....I didn't even know I was missing.

One day in Quincy, Illinois a preacher named John Taylor pointed me to the Word. 

It said in that Word that God had been looking for me.

He found me.

I lived several years--even decades--found. 

Then He lost me.

He lost me in the thrill of getting lost in worship, in praise, in wonder, in awe, in love, in relationships, in fruitful kingdom labor...continually and perpetually this lineage pours forth great and welcomed lostness. 

I'm so glad He found me to lose me.  I never dreamed church life would be this meaningful and exciting!

For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it.  But whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.

It now appears to me that the way to incredible life is to be lost and then found in order to become lost in order to find.  He found me to lose me to give me....eternal life....now.

No comments: