Monday, May 02, 2011

PEPPERDINE BOUND

As Inspector Clouseau might say regarding the Tulsa Preacher's Luncheons I experienced in the late 70s, They were very strenge.  If one didn't agree with the main guys at the table right down the center stripe of the church highway, such a one was in trouble.  I....was in constant trouble.

What surprised me were the times I would believe some of the things voiced as if they were true.  I knew no differently.  I just assumed these loud talkers were somewhat in the zone of accuracy.  Not.

One of the great (and positive) surprises to come my way was when I first went to the Pepperdine Lectures.  It had been repeated at these noon roasts that the above university has cast away all connections to the Bible; specifically to the Church of Christ version of the Bible.  I assumed what I heard was probably accurate.

So I went out to Malibu a few years later. 

Shocked!  Surprised and shocked!  In awe and surprised!

Jerry Rushford puts on one of the most biblically sound lectures ever.  This guy is serious about the Word.  He does have life to him which (to the grumps) would make him suspect, I guess.  But I was pleased then and am pleased yet today to experience session after session of the Bible being presented and discussed.  The speakers are serious about the kingdom of God.

I love it! 

Due to travel for several days, I will only get back to this blog when back home.  In the meantime, keep up the good work of loving the thoughts of kingdom progress.  It is happening!

2 comments:

Liz said...

My Friend,
I see you now moving among the crowds, talking to you brother and sisters, just in awe at what God has been doing in our lives. I so enjoyed your book this week God will make a way. Thank you for bringing me one step closer to our Lord. Your sister down in Texas

Liz said...

Dear Friend,
I see you moving among your brother and sisters listening to all that our Lord has been doing in their lives since you last saw them. I see you in your class room pooring out what our Lord has for you to say. Thank you for sharing your thoughts through your book God Will Make A Way. I enjoyed and will constantly be drawn to the prescription for my life. Your sister down in Texas, hurry back!