Saturday, April 30, 2011

HAVE WE REMEMBERED TO LIVE?

Pressure.

Every day and every event and every appointment....we are faced with a significant dilemma.  There is a greater need for 28 hour days.

Time flies.

It seems like it was just yesterday that we believed Y2-K or something was coming down the pike where once the new century blew in all of the computers would melt and all of the microwaves would wave good-bye.  It didn't happen...whatever that Y2 thing was called.

It's already May-Eve at this writing.  We no longer move about day by day and week by week.  Oh, we say we do; but in reality we live from holidays---Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Spring Training, and then we are facing Memorial Day again. 

One of the things I see in Jesus is he didn't operate by clocks nor calendars.  He operated by God and by people.  Mary was insistent regarding her dead brother Lazarus.  Did Jesus drop everything and rush out in a panic?  No.  He dallied.  What's up with that?

Concerns and dreads and threats and pains weary the soul.  So what should we do about it?  I think we should do the same thing God called the Israelites to do when they escaped through the Red Sea.  We need to trust Him.

Instead they moaned and groaned, claimed and blamed, as they wasted their years going in pitiful and non-productive circles.  I enjoy the dally moments as Jesus when I'm not going in circles.  I've learned over the years that not everyone's panic is my problem.  Yes, I'm viewed precisely as was Jesus by Mary.  Yet, a thing I am perpetually learning from Jesus is that while I'm living on this earth...I'm really alive!

I once lived life as if it were a deadening experience.  No more!  Jesus gave us life abundant and I say let's do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you consider Spring Training on of the holidays. So funny!!

Anonymous said...

I also like how you snuck Spring Training into the holiday list. Does that mean I can include the start of football practice in the fall in mine?

This post is hitting home today as I just got off the phone with someone who was asking that I jump through some hoops for one of their deadlines. I almost jumped! I've also marveled recenly at the fact that 2011 is close to being half over and it has had different impressions on me...fear, anxiety, a bit of depression, etc. I pray for just a bit of His time standard!

Jay