Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WHAT IF YOU WONDERED IF YOU COULD?

I've always been a dreamer.

As a first-grader, my parents had little money from the 120 acre farm on which we lived. So I built from scrap lumber a homemade John Deere tractor. Oh, I guess I drove that tractor all over the county...in my mind. The teachers were always impressed as I came pulling into the school driveway on my imagined John Deere A. What astounded them about me....in my mind....was I was only six.

As a new Christian at age 22 I imagined standing before thousands to tell them about how the Bible really had seriously good news for all. I could envision the thrill of hearts exploding with thoughts of "I never knew that!"

Imagination is a wonderful thing. More wonderfully, it is a powerful factor in the Christian make-up. God is in on the concept. As a matter of fact He said that whatever we stir up in the imagination, He will trump! That' pretty impressive for we have the ability to imagine many glorious things.

So what if you were to wonder if you could do great things....greater things than He has allowed you to accomplish thus far? Could you walk across the street for a cup of coffee and buy a stranger his or hers? Or could you fly off to Uganda and build a village well? Could you write a book? Create a feature film? Pray for a stranger on a park bench?

Ah...you surely can wonder. Father says if you wonder He will do more even according to the power that is in us. God isn't half done with the remarkable. Brilliance and radiance and overjoy are poised for the showering upon us.

It is up to us to step into His way. What if you wondered if you could? I say explosive marvel would come about. Don't be held back by the things you see. Move by faith into the substance of things not seen. God is there....and so is your effective wonder!

1 comment:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

absolutely riveting. Great post and needed for ME today. I have so many imaginations all the time and never thought of seeing them quite like you put it in your post today. Thanks!

I, too, could imagine myself before thousands preaching. When I was 12, I used my parents dryer as my pulpit to practice preaching. Funny thing, though, I never converted that dryer, however, 25 years later, my dad still has the dryer and it is still working and being used. Maybe dryers last longer after a Spirit-filled sermon! Hmmmm!