Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"SUFFERING 101"........ENROLL NOW

"Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation."

Just how difficult is it to serve in the kingdom of God? Painfully excruciating. Yet, suffering is so the style of Jesus and we followers that there is no alternative. We either endure or we quit.

Endurers become a source of salvation to others; right on schedule with Jesus' walk. Quitters sit; but they don't offer salvation to anyone from where they have plopped.

Recall Paul's shipwrecked, abandoned, and stranded tirade? What was he also if not a source of eternal salvation?

I had to enter the same process if I was to become a source. I've been threatened with being fired, written up, preached against, endured the murder of a family member, conducted a granddaughter's funeral, experienced my house being robbed nine times and my office about six, and failed personally and miserably at one effort after another. Yet, to endure such is to go to school.

Suffering 101 is that unique class that few are willing to elect. Too many abort the process by dropping out.

Suffering 101 is a kingdom necessity. Peter urged that we not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among us as if some strange thing were happening. Struggle isn't strange; it is essential.

If you want to develop a peace and calm you will most likely do it through the Jesus-trail....suffering. The good new is those who attend the course are used by God to offer eternal salvation to those nearby.

How exciting is that?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd say that is EXCITING! Thanks for your Spirit-perspective.

Bobby S said...

Sure I'll "enroll", not because I'm eager to suffer, but only because I already know I'll Get and "A" in Him

Nellie said...

Excellent.

Tammy said...

God is so good! I love you!!