Friday, February 13, 2009

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM STRUGGLES

I'm constantly encouraging you and others of the value of struggles. Everything is a yes in our walk; even the things we don't want or like....II Cor. 1:18-20.

I haven't liked moments of skirmishes and battles in my work. But I can say I really needed them. While I haven't become calloused or insensitive, scuffles and strains are fundamental in constructing disciples. They were significant for Jesus' growth: although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things He suffered....Hebrews 5:8.

Some of the things I've learned (which don't make me look so good, but here are a few):
  • Some I thought didn't like me came from my insecure imagination.
  • Some of the most important people in my circle are those who don't think at all like me.
  • When entering a full-blown crisis, God shows you a strength you possess that you had never needed until then and you are amazed at how sharply you can operate.
  • It is a glorious time to be at the end of your rope with no more answers; no more plans.
  • If one will wait for Him, we will encounter great surprises; we must not give up too soon.
  • 90% of the time things aren't as bad as I assumed.
  • Many more things will work out if I wait in prayer instead of reacting in ambition.
  • God doesn't waste one crumb of our life; even what we don't want fits His success recipe.
  • If we run from the hard times we will remain little thinkers; toddlers in faith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed this today. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I remember hearing this from you when our children were young. You spoke in regards to allowing our kids to go through struggling times. It certainly isn't easy as a parent, but what a blessing it is to see how God has worked through those struggles in the lives of your children. Thanks for your encouragement!