Monday, December 29, 2008

BOOK MANUSCRIPT: WINS 0 LOSSES 1

Two weeks ago I submitted the manuscript of my new book to a respected publisher. It will be going to others soon. I've worked hard on the book in between my normal events and routine responsibilities for over four years. It is a good book; my opinion of course.

The publisher sent word back that the material lacked focus. The comments said all is not lost, but it needs work.

Ah, this idea struck me. The book is about not giving up; about believing that even if found rejected, victory is down the road. What an awesome thing to happen to me. The very thing I have written about is being acted out in the process of its printing! Can you believe it? It lives!

I don't know how this thing goes. I've had some books published and some rejected. Realistically, it is much tougher to get books out there than in days past. All the more exciting.

For now the score is 0-1. However, I think the game is going my way.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Terry ~ From one who has already read the manuscript....I'd say find another publisher.
I has focus and it is clear on what it is. I'm very excited for this book to be published and for this good news to get out to those that need to hear it. It's amazing how God works in you and what he provides through your words on paper.
Don't give up! You are doing a good job! Good for you!!! ;o)

Liz Moore said...

God continues to use you my friend. And it's so like you to see God's hand in what most people would see as a defeat! I can't wait to read it WHEN it gets published!! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome outlook Mr. Rush! Keep on!