Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?

When I was a kid I thought Christmas would n-e-v-e-r get here. The last half of my life I have viewed the big holiday with “Already?” Time simply flies. Does it bother you that many of those you watch on television and old movies are dead? New announcements of another celeb’s death continue to march. Point? Life truly is as the Bible states…a vapor. It seems so big; and then so quickly gone.

Why won’t some invest seriously in God before their death? It’s coming upon each so rapidly. Jesus broke the chains of death and yet multitudes refuse to give him a look. Why is that? I suggest one reason: it’s embarrassing to be a grown person and enter a zone one knows nothing about. Therefore it’s easier to act like we could care less about God when in actuality; the older one gets the heavier the concern.

Saving face or saving your soul? Which is more important? Would you rather live eternally without God than to humble yourself by saying to someone, “I don’t have a clue what the Bible says or means. Would you help me?” Isn’t such a stark and foolish trade-off? Preserving your standing in front of your colleagues rather than your God when one will wilt like the striking of a match and the other will be forever?

My friend, don’t act like you could care less about God when in reality you mean you simply don’t know where to start. Every preacher I know and every believer I know has more questions than we do answers. We don’t go to church because we know everything. Such is our confession we can’t help ourselves and God must. I spend too many hours standing with the grieving. At times it’s torturous as the heartbreak is radical. So I ask any who aren’t into this God-thing, would you reconsider? You can only last so long before yours is the next coffin. If you must, ask someone in secret but ask a friend to help you with this eternity issue. It’s the most important decision of your life. Ironically, you already know it.

No comments: