Thursday, June 26, 2008

EVER GET TIRED?

Do you ever get tired? I'm not referencing fatigue from physical labor or even busy calendars. I am talking about the weariness which settles upon us due to the many burdens we carry for others. Today I just seem so tired. My attitude feels good, but my heart is weighted. I have the best life on earth. I live a life of ten people...maybe eleven! But today I'm worn and so I write as there's just a great chance some of you are as well.

I'm tired because there is so much need in society and I don't have the creativity to get to it...not a thimble full.

There was a murder in West Tulsa early yesterday. One from OKC called with contact numbers asking me to offer assistance. I am trying to reach the surviving husband. A couple dear to my heart is having severe stress and my heart is frustrated because I have no glue. I'm reaching to Nashville and Abiline to gather help for March's workshop and to St. Louis to continue to build a gigantic golf tournament to benefit Tulsa Public Elementary Schools for 2009.

Now I don't need some wise-cracker to pull up one of my own blogs and refresh me on having a faithful attitude! I know what to do and I know how it goes and I won't be giving up. But I take this moment of feeling overwhelmed, to say to those reading this who feel likewise, that sometimes it just hits. Certainly hundreds of thousands are out there feeling similarly. I'm not down; just tired. I don't need sympathy. I just desire to figure how to get more mileage out of this one life.

So dear reader, all I can offer for the moment is you are not alone. Our God is huge. Society's burdens are numerous. We are thread-bare and little. The Holy Spirit must do His magificent work among us....oh please, Dear God, do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew 11:28-30 applies to a lot of life/ministry/minister tiredness.

DJT said...

My heart aches too. I wish I could pass along the intense disgustingness of the circumstances I have walked through to try to provide some glue. I am incapable and it wears on me.