Saturday, May 31, 2008

SO MANY DOING SO MUCH

I love being a part of the Memorial Drive family. The old church adage of 20% of the members do 80% of the work has long left the building at our place. It's most likely 96% do 96% of the work here.

Tomorrow started several days ago for some, months ago for others, and decades ago for even others. We are a combination of past, present, and future....all in one moment. Former members as Eldon Tygart and Velma Miller were a part of setting the stage for tomorrow's God-work. A couple of Memorial dolls like Ethelen Magnusson and Bethel Logan will be on hand to hug our necks and tell us how good we look! Little kids will have great classes to attend and we big kids will be spoiled rotten once again by Shane Coffman's diligence and Jason Thornton's organizational expertise. I really get enthused to see what God does with the few passages of scripture He and I have worked on all week.

One of the things I like best about being together is our people are simply happy. We seem to enjoy God so much. We love His Son, His Spirit, and His people! Tomorrow we don't have anything extra-ordinary planned except to step back so God can have front-row recognition. He will sit in the main seat. We will hope to honor His socks off!

Later in the day I get to begin the Summer Series for the Crosstown congregation at 5:00. I love being with them. Charlie, Wayne, Chad, and crew are being used by God to build a sweet, sweet kind of place. As soon as I'm done there I head for home as our small group is having a wedding shower for Randy and Kerrie Rodriguez' son, Christopher, and his fiance.

Our Sundays sure are fun! I hope that to the Father they are meaningful.

1 comment:

Terry Laudett said...

I just wanted to say thank you for the DVD of your lesson last Sunday. I appreciate your passion for Christ.