Tuesday, May 29, 2007

IT'S NOT WHO YOU KNOW, BUT WHO KNOWS YOU

I live on a huge learning spree. I know so little. I love to learn. Did any of you catch Oprah Friday where the women went to the obstacle course to break down their fears? One of the challenges was to walk up to a horse, stand beside it and raise a front hoof to clean it. If the horse sensed tension or anger coming from the women, he would not raise his leg. Once they backed off and calmed down he would cooperate. Amazing fact about a horse I didn't know.

There are a lot of things I don't know. What I do know is so lacking compared to what is available to know, I am most foolish. Truthfully, we are all in the same boat. How many professors at Yale and Harvard don't know this about a horse?

How fascinating, therefore, to approach the Word with exact eagerness! It's seemingly undiscoverable in one's lifetime. I don't just read the Bible, I explore it. It explores me. Bible study is full of lively distractions. In looking for the location of the passage at the end of this writing, I'm amazed at connecting verses I had yet to realize were even stated. The depths of God are incalculable, indecipherable, and impossible.....they are too much.

Thus, keep learning. While you are learning take it into your thinking system it is not how much you know, but it's Who knows you that ultimately matters.

Knowledge is arrogant, but love edifies. If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know; but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him.....I Cor. 8:1-3.

2 comments:

preacherman said...

Terry,
Great post and reminder to us all.
God bless.

Liz Moore said...

Great thoughts!! It reminds me of what I tell my kids when they leave, remember Whose you are! love ya!