Friday, November 04, 2016

HOW TO OVERCOME THE CONFIDENCE DROUGHT

I've roamed parts of earth now for 69+ years.  I've learned a few things along the way. It continues to be quite a ride.  Learning the most basics about God is a day by day, decade by decade matter because He is so God and I am so not.  There's one constant factor that both bugs me as well as motivates me.  Each of us fights for lasting confidence while inner confidence is what the Holy Spirit is all about.

Here are precise words needed for those of us who find it difficult to be chipper day by day.  And such confidence we have through Christ toward God.  Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God....II Corinthians 3:4-5.  Never adequate/always adequate is found in each of us when we surrender our own lack and permit His presence to enter.

Clearly, conflict rages within.  We spend our earliest years forward learning to be adequate.  And this is true of every person from poorest to the richest, fear and frustration over who we are and aren't calls too many of our shots.  As a result we live in defense of our meager portion of control hoping--oh just hoping--that we are looking good in front of all others.  We beg that our flaws (inadequacies) not be detected.

A self-confidence drought is in play day by day.  I battle it for I'm not ever enough...not ever.  My victory (whenever I get to experience it) is when I can admit my lack while simultaneously receiving His power.  We believe the Divine lives from within the unDivine.  We believe that He makes a difference for us and within us when we have absolutely no clue.  Such cluelessness is that mystery of faith; know it but can't visibly see it.

At this very long stage in ministry, I continue to find myself needing the reminder that just because I am inadequate does not mean that I am useless.  Such is the very stage from where God performs His stuff.  This has always been His style and His approach; weak man linked to powerful Father.

Be encouraged.  Don't give Him your confidences for they are full of holes.  Give Him your lack and then step back and watch Him feed 5000 with it.  Don't bring to the table your plans and predictions for they will eventually fade.  Rather offer Father your prayers and your will.  Open your hands and your heart.  Dare to allow God to place within both dreams of possibility that are well beyond imagination.  Such is His specialty.

This...will overcome the confidence drought.  Shed our self-confidence.  Be open to Holy Spirit confidence...and let the world in on why there is a new you.


No comments: