Saturday, April 04, 2015

IS GOD REAL?

I believe the ultimate question of all questions is singular in whether God is God. Billions through the ages have concluded that this concept is a farce.  Other billions have put their lives on the line that He is actual.

So could I say from a heart that is somewhat devoted to what I believe is His cause, there are moments when I wonder if God is real or if I have simply been snagged by the drift of human need to create its own life-after-death scenario.  Furthermore, I don't mind these brief pauses because each causes me to think, rethink, and evaluate just how certain I am.

This is good.

Sometimes I'll be following Jesus in line with the hearts of James and John.  And then other days I will begin to doubt like that Thomas disciple.  Because faith is the conviction of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen, the invisibles are a significant challenge to man's needy prove-it-to-me rationale.

One of the factors that encourages me is the aggressive manner in which some atheists sweat to prove God isn't.  If there isn't such a thing, why spend any time debating a non-existent entity.  Have you ever read books that stood against procyncalime?  I didn't think so.  There isn't such an item.

The tragedy of all tragedies, to me, is how many refuse to give God the courtesy of research as to whether these really could believe the existence of God.  It is the deceptive social trend to dismiss God because of we ridiculous and snarky people who carry our Bibles and attend a church.

I understand why the rejection.  Jesus rejected the same.  Yet, God remains fact.  Jesus died to give the snarky and the doubters and the seekers legitimate hope of a factual eternal life.  I want in on that part and I plead with those who are uncertain to simply check it out.

I ask of the latter, why do you think it is so easy for you to reject the concept of God? May I say with care that a huge part of it is that it is easy.  Some friends reject it, doubt it, as you do, so why not?  The why not is that this is a notorious and irresponsible gamble of your very own eternal soul.

Where should we begin?  Go to the Bible and read Matthew or one of the gospels that reveals the life of Jesus.  You will find he thinks so much like you do.  He loves the lonely and the downcast while flat-out rejecting organized, smug religion.  That's what I still love about him.

You are so important.  God is crazy about you.  Don't you think it about time to give honest reverence in search for Him rather than thoughtless dismissiveness because you can detect the jerks like me are poor representations?  I think you want to do it, can do it, should do it.

Look for God.  He will find you.


No comments: