Saturday, February 21, 2015

THE STRAIN TO KNOW GOD

If God is everywhere, why can't He be found by so many who are searching?

This is a dominant thread of my heart.  It is strange, really, how much I root for the person(s) who are seeking the truth as to the reality of God.  This urge within society to find the Living God is serious, sobering, and significant.

The homeless want Him.  The celebrities want Him.  The foreigners want Him.  The industrious want Him.  The distracted want Him.  I want to be a part of the solution. These people matter.  I was once one of these of whom I write.

To begin, I think it would be wise that we realize man's mind and heart have been seeded with doubt while we slept (so to speak).  In utmost simplicity, we live with a vague hope-so that at our personal last breath on earth there will actually be a new kind of breath lift us skyward.  Oh how we want this to be more than religious theory.

What happens is, then, that multitudes over multiple centuries have devised ideas, theologies, doctrines, and practices in hopes of making the next life a successful transition.  Faith becomes/is much more than an evangelistic step to being saved.  It is where authentic certainty meets determined hope; not as hope-so, but as fact.

Within our 21st century nature is embedded a subtle superiority that educated man can deal with the question of the eternal God with a casual nod.  We tend to deem our personal understanding on any matter as the right perspective.  This trend is so strong among us that it is simply assumed that our views regarding God are correct; even if given no real research or attention.

So, as one small man writing this article, I think I have the answer?  Partially; but accurately, yes.  Partially, because I am in kindergarten as a theologian with little hope of making it to first grade in all there is to know about God.  Accurately, in that while I don't have all of the answers I have utmost confidence (literally) in the one who does.

It is Jesus where I place all of my egg-trust into the hope-basket.  His is the only way I can, after decades of search and research, conclude that there is a next life and how we obtain it.  His I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through me of John 14:6 is to be awarded the winning bid.

Jesus is the only one who traded places with us; II Cor. 5:21.  He became our messes that we could stand before God robed in his goodnesses.  He is the only religious leader who came back from the dead; historical proof from multiple witnesses including the redating of our calendars upon his birth.

Be encouraged, you!  You who possess a glimmer of wonder as to whether this stuff is true!  I believe that I don't have fifty good answers per thousand good religious questions.  Yet, Jesus is the only one who loved us enough to actually be executed only to rise from the dead.  Even much of the world still believes him and I cheer you on in your search.

I think you have ample reason to believe him.  Give him a fair shot.  Endure the strain to know God...and then enjoy the surprise that He will...find you!




No comments: