Friday, February 06, 2015

HOW TO GET UNSTUCK FROM SERIOUS STUCKABILITY

I can't think of anything that feels like a bigger waste of time than being stuck.  A ring on a finger that needs to be removed, a car in a snowdrift, or big critter wedged within a small doghouse, stuck is not what one would identify as a progressive moment.

A mood hovers over much of mankind.  It isn't angry.  Neither is it necessarily painful. It is burdening; quite so.  I think men and women everywhere are stuck.  With inability to move forward coupled with lack of direction, people everywhere are spinning their daily routinic wheels with an overwhelming feeling of, I'm stuck.  I'm going nowhere.  

Stuck equates to not knowing what to do next.  Therefore, we just keep doing what we've been doing.  What we've been doing may really be just fine.  It's that feeling. You know what I mean?  That feeling of there is lack of an edge of excitement productivity, and joy.

(Let me assure you.  I know many do not live this way.  I give you an atta boy or an atta girl.  I speak with those too many who do know what I'm discussing all too well.  So thank you for enduring.)

I have a very good life.  I've always wished I could get to be me and it turned out that God let me.  But that wishing part...at times that was hard because it felt never enough; never going anywhere.  It's that Bingo free space in our hearts that, even it, feels unoccupied.

What I do in those moments is thank Him for making my life tick.  I brag on His skill for no one has talent like He has talent.  Now pooh-pooh this all you want.  Go ahead. Work it out your way.  But for those who are stuck, God knows stuck.  His Son was stuck in a tomb one day and God....well, let's just say He possesses know-how.

Romans 4:17 is a miracle truth for every stranded person.  God knows how.  He can give life to dead efforts and He can cause things which are not (yet) to become.  That just happens to be something where I would have interest; you as well.

My guess is every person of every social class and skill level encounters this thing of feeling momentarily stranded because we are creatures of habit.  We keep doing the same thing over and over while wishing over and over we didn't always have to do the same things over and over.  (Gosh, mom must be proud.)

So how do we get unstuck from serious stuckability?  We live thanking God for His creativity right where we live.  We don't necessarily need greener grass on our side of the fence.  We simply need a signal from Him to blow by that reminds us that we are not alone.  And, neither are we stuck because He is moving and we are along for the ride of a lifetime!

No comments: