Wednesday, August 06, 2014

THE GRAND WORLD OF NEW EYES!

Whoa!  I am experiencing something I never knew could be so fascinating!  I see with incredibly new lenses!  I can see again!

My second cataract surgery was completed Monday morning.  I'm in the land of recovery for the next four weeks.  Yet I can already tell you that I can't take in the new of this revelation!  It is too wonder-filled!  I can't get over how bright everything is.  Would it be alright if I tell you that even the toilet paper is now soooo white?

Cataracts very gradually transition one's sight from light to dim.  The brightness of each day is reduced to a yellow tint--as in weak sunglasses--over time.  The process is so slow that one just doesn't notice.  But, oh my, I can't quit looking at how magnifiably more colorful everything is.  I just can't quit looking.

And then this caused me to think of a text where God evidently had spiritual cataracts in mind.  Through Paul, He called for care toward the cataracts of the heart.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance of the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe (Eph. 1:18-19).

EnLIGHTened? The heart of a Christian can be critically affected by a slow dimming process; cataracts of the heart.  We must return to the wow of God; the hope!  The riches!  And the power!  The church is perpetually in need of cataract surgery that we might operate in the very bright and powerful light of the Master.

That the flesh eyes can see how bright toilet paper is seems to be astonishing; at least to me.  How much brighter the heart when we can see the beauty of precise hope, riches, and power right where we are...now?

The grand world of new heart-eyes....opens to us a whole new world of wow in the Spirit!

No comments: