Wednesday, June 11, 2014

IN SERIOUS SEARCH FOR GOD

Today I write to the one or the fourteen who feel (drawn from within) a desire to know God; but don't quite know how to go about it.  This is not a rare thought for the many are having similar deliberations.  However, for those like I was, we may not know where to start.

An important factor is to find a place that is safe to inquire.  Good people wonder about the God-concepts; yet these often don't feel free to just go anywhere.  There is hesitation, understandably, because we aren't even certain of what questions to ask nor are we clear on whether such questions might appear foolish.  Because of this, I fear the masses simply keep such a serious consideration to themselves.

About 30 years ago Memorial Drive bought ads in Hollywood newspapers offering correspondence courses for Bible study.  One of the responses was from a woman who called my office.  She explained she was from Hollywood and could not give me her name for I would know her.  She wanted to know about God and His direction.

This woman did a right thing.  She inquired.  There is a true story in John chapter 3 about such a person who might be as some of you.  It is specific that he went by night to inquire of Jesus.  His approach seemed to be in secrecy.  He had questions.

Some of you reading this are famous.  Others are more common.  Some are very successful and others find themselves in a bit of a slump.  From all zones are very good people who wonder about God; yet, so many are intimidated by the fear of looking or sounding foolish.  Thus noisy silence fills our hearts.  We want to know; yet have no script as to how to find the simplicity of God.

What if I ask a dumb question?  What if I go quietly to inquire and the one whom I asked tells others it was me?  What if I am unsure about how I really feel about the spiritual.  Will I know how to work through deep questions?  Is there a legitimate corner of religion and a hoax side?  How will I make unique discovery while I try to avoid appearing silly?

I personally have been through all of this searching process and more.  Therefore, I extend an offer.  Here's my email address: trush@memorialdrive.org.  You may inquire privately and no one will know.  Too, 918-519-7474 is my cell.  You may call or text.  No one will know.

But please....please don't hide from the persistent questions of your heart.  God calls every person.  Your inner spirit is real and it wants answers.  There is a way to start life over; literally.  There is a way to know that this life is not all that there is; literally.  And, there is hope....always reason to hope....literally.

If you are in serious search for God, He might have used this post to send you a signal out of heaven as to one person who could help you a bit.  There are many, though, that you may have confident approach.  The important thing is that you read this inner search as a divine moment.

God is searching for you....seriously.  In your search, let Him find you.


No comments: