Thursday, June 12, 2014

COME ALIVE!

Don't ask yourself what the world needs.  Ask yourself what makes you feel alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
                                                                                                           Gil Bailie

Woohoo!

This is what ours families need, our churches need, our professions need, and we need.  We have perpetual need to be perpetually alive.

This is surely the robust message of the slaughter at the Cross and out the other side of the grave!  Come alive!

We all have the ability to find ourselves stuck.  We need something.  Often we find it in addiction because we crave to be unstuck.  In general it would seem many are living a script someone else told them to live.  Eventually, we reach a point where life has become so dull we simply look to others; someone tell me who I am supposed to be.

If there was a law in our land that said we are to all dress in the same color, as in some private schools and that we were all to drive four-door sedans, we would protest. Life would be dumbed-down, rote, and dull.

Why, then, do we not pick up on the killing of the spirits of our people when we develop routine patterns in life with expectation that what was good enough for us is good enough for them?

We are especially experiencing this in churches.

I want for all of you what God has given me.  I was a young man treacherously stuck. I was meek, wimpy, hesitant, and devoted to getting by.  My ambition was limited by safety.  My goals were to avoid risk.  I copied the routine of normalcy and resented the feeling that there was more and I had missed out on it.

The more is to come alive!  I found it in Jesus!

Therefore, I will say that even in the church I find that more is to come alive is desperately needed.  One of our doctrines has shut us down.  We didn't intend for it to happen this way but it has.  There is a difference in being a part of the church so that we can be assured heaven WHEN we die versus being alive in the church believing God will take us places exciting and productive NOW!

One of the keynoters for next year's Tulsa Workshop will be Bob Goff; author of Love Does.  One of the major tenets that he will bring to the table is his drive to be alive in the kingdom!  Those who hear will be encouraged and motivated to let go and let God.

We are called to be buried into Jesus that our sins would be washed away and that the Holy Spirit would enter.  We are to be alive; just as the Spirit brought Jesus out of the grave.

Live today, my friend.  Live from your present citizenship of heaven....RIGHT NOW!!!


No comments: