Tuesday, February 25, 2014

IF I WERE SINLESS I WOULD STILL BE NOTHING

The way up is to notice how far we have fallen down.

I don't know about you; but since I was a little kid I always wanted to be big.  I lived in an imaginary world where important people noticed me in various elementary school settings and would call out my name to give me an award....in front of a standing ovation!

I shifted with time into wishing to be someone that made a difference; of course a big difference.  Yet, there was a problem.  I was not of such a nature.  As I tried, everywhere I went I was still me; goofy and uneducated while always excited over what could be.

The Word of God has a way of keeping us in our place.  Oh, opponents have a way as well.  But it is the Word that broke through my desperate wishfulality.  I am nothing.

In the beginning of this awareness I believed I was nothing due to my sins.  That is true to a degree.  But recently I have learned I am even more nothing than first considered because without my sins I would still be nothing.

The good news is that this is not a put down.  Rather it is a wake up.

Each of us is presently sinless in Jesus.  Day by day he washes our day by day rebellion.  Day after day we are cleaner than yesterday.

The wake up is that God seems to have been waiting on me to realize I would not accomplish my goal of bigness; but He would be it through me if I would but get out of the way.  My wishfulality was stymieing His graceful reign.

I don't mean to make me the center of this post; yet I do to keep from pointing to you.  Now I do.  You and I are just alike; hearts afire for Him and wishing to reach into zones with marvel and majesty.  I say to you that you can.  The trek, however, will not be through heroic accomplishments.  It will be through certain surrender; we are not anything and He is everything.

This is a call to shed our plots and plans for kingdom strategy if it is held in any region beyond submission.  Our God is too quick and too sizeable and too imaginative to be gauged by our best brain-power.  We are not smart enough to co-labor with God.  We must be willing to yield, then called, then engaged by His very own Spirit which is so Holy.

If I were sinless...I mean to the point Jesus' blood wouldn't be needed again today...I would still be nothing. It is God, His Son, and His Spirit that puts both the charge and the effectiveness within.  Hallelujah!  We have been redeemed to live a whole new kind of life.

So.....let's get after it....from possibly an upside-down perspective.

No comments: