Friday, December 06, 2013

FILE AN "EPH429" SOON

Nelson Mandela's passing has caused an avalanche of praise and honor reflecting his profound walk.  It is well-deserved.  My baseball hero and friend, Curt Flood, knew Mandela.  I must say the two had much in common.

The massive words of honor to this man, however, is my focus early this morning.  I think it a powerful tool to tell others what it is that is good about them.  God's creation never came about by strong-arming or weight-lifting.  No, creativity always came from God in one form; words.

Today I would like to launch an "EPH429" ministry and I seek your participation.  Let us band together to speak life into a dreary and distracted world of well-meaning and good-intentioned communities who simply could use a heart-lift.

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear--EPH. 4:29.

With email, blog, Facebook, twitter, and the like, let us "EPH429" someone(s) to pump new life into the tired, and the sacrificial, and the hard workers, and the wonderful servants, and the inspiring.  All need EPH29.  Everyone needs words of encouragement.  Let's do it.

So, I launch EPH429 by targeting one person.  You, then, can see the idea and join with me in speaking highly of this one and/or toss out a name for others to be EPH429-ed.

LYNN ANDERSON you cannot fathom the joy and the life you give to others as well as myself because you never gave up. I was one who took cheap shots at you when I was but a new convert in preaching school. You made statements foreign to our rigid stances.  Yet, you endured our wrath.  Thank you for never giving up on us.  Thank you for crying quietly alone many times over our ignorance.  Thank you for teaching me.  You bless me.  Consider yourself EPH429-ed!!

Now readers, speak a wholesome word to someone in your comment or post.  Spread the EPH429 creative power.  It will create a new kind of energy totally from the Spirit of our energetic Father.

May the entire world hear from us!!


No comments: