Saturday, November 24, 2012

THE WONDER OF CHURCH AS IS

Don't you love right now?

I shake my head in gratitude for God's immeasurable patience toward me.  How could this be?  Getting to be in the church, work with the church, and see His touch from so many directions?

How do I get to be a part of this?

I live a complete paradox.  I can't wait to get to preach; but am fearful of stepping up.  I can't wait to hear God's final verdict for my delivery; but wish I would have a better grip on how things will flow.  I can't imagine someone getting to be me....and I get to!  I mean that from humility over what He lets me do and not ego of what I've figured out.

Two...no three...things have changed my church involvement drastically:
  1. The awareness of the Holy Spirit's direct activity has shifted the ministry sands.
  2. Adhering to the two great commandments rather than giving them lip service changes motives, goals, and directions.
  3. Looking right at Jesus for word, for example, for wisdom continually rearranges my fleshed-out-pattern of regulations for pure Christianity.
I will step up tomorrow, Lord willing, fighting off reluctance and brimming with anticipation of what will He say and how will it go.  I tell others weekly that when it comes to Sunday I can't wait to hear what I've got to say.  I don't mean that in any way except thoroughly depending on Father to speak Spirit power through my English words.

For the longest time I wished the church would be more than it is.  Such will always be an inner yearn, I assume, for all leaders.  Yet, I just so enjoy being a part of the church right now...today....with all her flaws, and scars, and huge disappointments. 

Because of the great and tangible glory of God, we will have incredible reason to celebrate Who found us....and keeps us!

Don't you love right now?

No comments: