Saturday, June 23, 2012

AND THEN THERE WAS THIS WEDDING

SHANE--DEACON--TERRY

So we had this wedding last week of Ronny and Vicki Stewart.  It was so fascinating with costume and setup since it was a take-off of The Princess Bride.  Pictured on the left is our worship minister, Shane Coffman.  Standing between us is the deacon over thermostats.

My attire was, shall I say, unique as one more way I find myself as a Cardinal.

Since Mary was in the hospital at the time and unable to attend the wedding, I decided to be funny and wear my outfit to St. Francis hospital.  Well....I did make her laugh.

But before I got there, I called our daughter who was in town for her father-in-law's funeral to see if we might be coincidentally meeting at the hospital.  She explained that they were headed there; but first were eating across the street at Pei Wei and asked if I would join them. 

So I did.....in garb and all.

As we were leaving, a young mother stepped up to seek my prayers for her son.  What an honor.  I felt a bit sheepish, but such would not have happened if I was not in such attire.  I shared with her that what I was wearing was a part of a wedding, but that I am a minister and will pray for William.  And, I gave her my bubblegum card.

Even in the fun stuff, God seems to draw.  Everywhere we turn, everywhere we are, everywhere there is absolute and complete God-need.  Don't assume anything differently.  We are always on call for the need for spiritual assistance is dominant, prominent, and extreme.

No comments: