Saturday, May 05, 2012

PEPPERDINE: SOMETHING'S GOING ON

I'm home!

I'm without a lot of sleep; yet my spirit is filled to the brim with gratitude for my trip to Pepperdine.

Something's going on.  I first noticed it at the Tulsa Workshop and then again this week at the lectures along the western shore. 

That something is God.  He is going on. 

When speakers comments are based upon the Word and one after another seems to speak the same language, God is going on.  There is a harmony without cynicism present.  There is a willingness to dream without caution from the business mind these days.

Whether Rick or Dusty or Randy or Jeff or Monte or Jerry or others, the theme just kept building.  The Pepperdine event was another touch of the Holy Spirit continuation of kingdom reality.

For me, I'm just getting started in ministry.  And....it surely is encouraging to get to learn beside and among a segment of Christianity that insists upon holding fast to the Word of God rather than the divisive traditions of men.

A great week.  I'm wonderfully exhausted!

No comments: