Friday, May 04, 2012

JERRY RUSHFORD GOES TO THE STAGE

In a few hours history will note a the final Pepperdine Lectures presentation by Jerry Rushford as he tops off his thirty years of directing this most popular and productive kingdom event.  I await with great anticipation.

For three decades this man has availed himself to the living and breathing God for guidance, direction, and leadership.  For three decades the churches of Christ have been moved to higher ground by messengers delivering powerful words from the Word...year after year and lecture after lecture...as these most inspiring themes arose from Jerry's Spirit-sensitive mind.

I am like a kid knowing I am about to be taken to the game tonight.  Yet, this event isn't a game; it will be an historic moment of God once again using one of His more popular tools....Jerry.

I've prayed for this friend all week.  I have wept as I feel the emotion tonight will sky-rocket into such soaring levels that I just hope my friend can hold together.  I can't wait to see how this man will be honored.  It will be a big deal....and a very deserved deal.

Jerry Rushford....you are a good man.....and I'm proud of your moment where this segment of our church families can give you profound applause and recognition!  I salute you!


No comments: