Tuesday, December 27, 2011

SO WHAT WOULD BE WORSHIP BEYOND 11:00 TO NOON ON SUNDAYS?

I was many years into ministry before I became a worshipper; even during the Sunday morning hour. My early days of preaching were about how good or poorly I did....maybe not to others; but to me. They were about how we performed as to whether the morning assembly went well.

There was little concentration on my part regarding God. It was more about how we lined up.

With the help of spiritual leaders over decades, I began to realize I wasn't praising God. I was more about earning credits, and points, and praise. Eventually, a heart-felt communication toward Him grew. After awhile, this worship moved beyond the auditorium walls.

I pause to speak of our worship as to whether we truly are. And...only the heart of the worshipper knows. I knew when I wasn't...and when I was.

But how? What does worship mean. How will it look?

Giving God praise and glory is worship. Using our lips, not only in song, to speak of how amazing God is should be one's goal. To discuss God's awe verifies that He fills our hearts for from the abundance of such one speaks.

To worship Him is to pray, to praise, to bless, to vocalize, to dream, to ponder, to notice everything in thanksgiving; a bird in flight, a wrapper blowing across a street, an infant's sigh, or the scent of good cologne. When we live thankfully, we speak thankfully, and when we speak thankfully of and to Father, we worship Him....because we simply worship Him.

Finally, to truly worship God would begin by simply having Him on our minds and hearts as routinely are our days.

1 comment:

Vasca said...

Friend, you hit the nail on the head...thank you!