Thursday, December 29, 2011

HAVE A NON-AGONIZATIONAL DAY!

I am a well-trained and professional worrier. I began such a career when I was about six months old. I know how to fret with style. Harmonious agonization is where I live anxiously over four things at once.

My head swam at Troublesome Time Lake and Overly Concerned River. I would head out right after school for these shores. Later I learned to try to get there an hour before my workday started. One cannot afford to be negligent to a healthy set of fears.

For me, worry and fret were a control mechanism. My frustration was that I wanted to be in control of people and circumstances and I was rarely either.

And then God moved in.

He told me to let things go. Psalm 46:10 Be still and know I am God. Be still can also be translated Let go. Repeatedly the Word reflects, DO NOT WORRY!

So my concern is that if I do not worry and if I curb my frets and if I let go, how will everything work out? Ah.....God knows....really.

When I'm misunderstood or I misunderstand, sometimes the only thing I know to do is to let it go. God will iron these wrinkled sheets. I can't. I don't understand the problem of me or of them. God clearly does.

To let go of dis-ease and nervous apprehension is like being handed a new life. Another Ah!

God runs the show. I don't. God can make lemonade out of lemons and if He should wish He could also make lemonade out of bananas. He can do it all.

This All-Doer clearly instructs us to let it go. But we then feel irresponsible. True irresponsibility is to fail to trust Him. Life for me is so new because I have climbed so many mountains only to find them to be mole-hills in perspective.

Have a non-agonizational day!

3 comments:

Christi Bloomer said...

I enjoyed the new words you created here and the new meanings even more! Thanks for the awesome reminder, Terry! You know just what to say when we need to hear it!

Evelyn Ragsdale said...

Ever so needed admonition you give from God's word! This morning I placed text screen saver on my computer "Be still...know God." Thank you for reminding us of this ever present dilemma in so many of us. As well as a thank you for all your perspective blogs. I so enjoy them.

I received from you the book "Kisses from Katie." Thank you--can't wait to read it!

Vasca said...

Super beneficial post...and by the way, thanks for the book.

We're almost finished and I'm giving a few copies to friends interested in Africa.