Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A ROLE SEEMS TO BE DEVELOPING

I am beginning to wonder if I am becoming "Dear Abner" as the male counterpart to "Dear Abby". My emails and phone calls seem to increase with questions about sticky-wicket ministry. And...I really enjoy it.

I am sure this role is coming about due to my age (which, by the way, isn't nearly as old as I once had assumed). Regardless, I am honored to be in touch with whomever because I first believe in whomever.

Never do I disregard inquiries. If the topic was important enough for one to ask, then it is also important enough to give thoughtful response.

Don't misunderstand. I clearly get it I am not the answer man. We all have colleagues and elders, etc. to weigh our thoughts or vent our frustrations. Yet, I thoroughly enjoy being in touch with (especially the young) preachers who run into stubborn walls here and there.

I am merely gladly paying back what others graciously afforded me. No one flies solo in the work of the church. It takes sympathetic agonizers and energetic cheerleaders to keep us afloat. Ministry that is worth anything is one which is framed in turbulence for we follow the Most Turbulent peacemaker of all. They killed him.

While I am really not soliciting something to do---really---my email is trush@memorialdrive.org in case you ever hit a day where you think you just may not survive. Maybe together we could team up to form a winning plan.

We serve a God who makes something from nothing and causes dead things to come back to life...Romans 4:17. He can do it!

2 comments:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

I have appreciated every word you have said or written to me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything you do. You are a blessing to the church.