Sunday, March 13, 2011

NEW CREATION REALITY

When one is born again, what are the new and significant traits?  Go to church now?  Own a Bible now?  Learn more about God?  Each of these are pertinent.  However, I wish to share a part of kingdom life which very much affects my walk.

Praise to God.

Rick Atchley shared with me that he was not always a worshipper of God.  He admitted something to the affect that he believed communion time was a point to go over his sermon notes.  I was like that.  I didn't worship God; but rather I fulfilled the five steps....all God's steps seemed to now come in five since I had been converted.

The thing which seems to cause all other moves toward or with God to click is to praise Him constantly.  I thank Him while I'm driving.  I will be having coffee in a cafe while reading from a good book and simply have to stop to say, God, that was just awesome.  I never knew that before.  God, thank you for my eyes that can see print....or something to that effect.

Praise gets God's attention.  When we are glorifying Him, we are in His zone.  Wonderful things are at that very moment because we are in tune with the only Creator. 

If you want to see a remarkable change in a dull life, begin to fervently express gratitude and thanksgiving to God.  You will be handed more things to marvel over....for God isn't out of creative ideas.

No comments: