Monday, February 14, 2011

NO GREATER HILL TO CLIMB

Good morning invisible little friends scattered to and fro across one continent or another.  I'm at my computer penning this post for your scan as you start your day tomorrow.  I think about you.  I ponder you---whoever and wherever you are---as you sip your coffee or take a quick break or whatever. 

I visit with you about a perspective I have on leadership.  Problems are not nearly as much about others improving as we would have assumed; but are much more about our responsibility....which we would abhor.  Knotty dilemmas intrude upon our paths.  Here is something I have noticed.  These aren't problems to solve; but lessons to be learned.

Here's something key; try to learn that you are in need of much improvement without beating up on yourself by throwing a pity-party.  That would have been me.  I was a champion pouter.  I could talk myself into sulk-city.  I could get so low I could sit on the edge of a Kleenex and dangle my feet over the edge...I heard someone else remark.

What happens when we can surrender our egos is we remove ourselves from polishing our image to knowing our God.  After all, compared to Him we just as well surrender.  Compared to another...well He says we are without understanding...II Cor. 10:12.

I like life a lot more on the side of being aware of my lack without being depressed that I lack.  Weakness is a power-trait of kingdom effectivity...II Cor. 12:9.  If it weren't for this truth I would be sunk.  But I am not sunk and neither are you.

Power is perfected in weakness.  Didn't you hear Him?  It is perfected...it comes about at its highest glory in our weakness.  This is like saying garbage is fuel for a car....hurry gather up yours and the neighbors!

We have a great hill to climb.  It is one that admits no confidence in self but yet a "beyond imagination" confidence in His Spirit....in us!  Don't hide your trash.  Turn it into fuel.  You are as powerful as your weakness. 

Hurray God!

No comments: