Sunday, February 13, 2011

A GOOD DAY AT THE STORE

Each morning at the coffee shop I tell them good-bye; that it is time for me to go open up the store.  Store is "church" in meaning; "church building" to others.  Anyway, we had a good day at the store today.

I'm glad is was because it wasn't such a good night.  It was one of those recurring dreams I had where I dreamed I couldn't sleep.  It is so frustrating....really....because when I wake up I feel like I never slept.  To realize I did sleep but believed all night I didn't doesn't feel very good because while I actually did my body believed the whole time I didn't.  Well....it is confusing....but that is the point.  Urggh!

But when I got to be with my people...yahoo!  What a great morning just to be together.  Church was cancelled last week due to snow.  On top of that, I had been in baseball camp the week prior and speaking in Dallas the week before that.  I hadn't preached at Memorial since January 16. 

It felt so good to be back at the store.

2 comments:

Leah M. said...

We are so blessed to have you back. Business at Memorial is good these days. Thank you for being there!

Anonymous said...

I had the same exact dream of not being able to sleep before "opening the store" here on Sunday morning. Such a frustrating and strange experience!