Saturday, May 01, 2010

LIVE IN THE LIGHT....FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

He said it.  We are to be a perched people.  We aren't called to hide under a bushel basket.  We aren't designed to be camouflaged by the thick under-brush of minding-our-own-business so no one will notice.  We are called to live out front and up high.

Therefore, my friends, I encourage you to move out from the shadows of doubt, timidity, and fear.  He has not given us such a spirit.  No longer hide in confusion.  Drop the nagging nuisance of worry.  Step up!  Step out!

We tend to withhold our presence in the name of humility.  If it were authentic humility, that would be one thing.  But more often it is pride; a pride of self-protection so we don't risk looking bad....or even failing.

Stand tall!  Stand bright!  Communities are growing dim and it isn't because of the failing world economy; but rather the ailing church economy.  Too many of God's children have elected to go underground with their belief system.

I really believe America and all other countries are not in need of better leadership management as much as they are poised first for the body of Christ to actively and visually continue to roam the earth.  He arose.  Don't be a part of returning him to the grave for hiding.

Live in the light....from the top of the hill!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great reminder. Christ wants us to be bold enough to be confident, not arrogant. I had never heard of the Church of Christ before my boyfriend, now husband, and I wish I had much earlier. If we confidently speak truth, people who want to hear it will recognize it. If we don't, we may miss some.

I wish I would have learned of it much sooner than being lost and confused for so many years; it cured all my heart aches.

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!" If only we teach our children what that song really means! It's not just a good VBS song, but a truth song of what we are really supposed to be!

Liz Moore said...

Terry, I was just blogging about what God has in store for us and came over and read your blog. God is at work if we will just get out of His way! I can't wait to see what great things He does!

We missed you this year at the workshop! Chris had back surgery in January and hernia surgery in February. We just couldn't take off again in March. But we've already marked our calendar for next year! Can't wait to be there and get my hug from you! I'll need 2 by the way since I missed out this year! :-) Love you friend!