Saturday, March 27, 2010

SHE CALLED IT HER BLESSING FROM GOD

I have this dear friend named Joneal Kirby. We are never in touch throughout any year. Our only relationship is when coming across one another at a workshop here and there. Yet, we share one of those intimate bonds in the Spirit as dear friends that you just wouldn't trade anything in the world for it.

Joneal is one of those gals gifted in beauty. She simply is very pretty...and she can't help it.

As we talked at her booth at the workshop yesterday, I noticed something new. She has a fresh 4" scar on her right cheek. I started to avoid the discussion, but I love her so I inquired. "What's this about?"

"This?" "Oh, that's my blessing from God."

Three weeks ago a surgeon removed a cancerous tumor from the middle of her pretty face. And do you know what? Joneal is still beautiful....really.

But what I love most about our conversation is what I love most about my friend. Her faith in God is stronger than her awareness of her make-up arrangement. She praised God with her life before this occasion. Now she uses this to praise Him even more.

That's what I love about what's going on in the kingdom right now. His children are ever-learning to give Him praise for ALL things.

She called her new scar embedded upon her cheek her a blessing from God. Jesus told Thomas his new scars in the center of each hand was his blessing from God. Be encouraged....visible scars are a believer's faith tatoo!

Joneal, my friend, your scar is a blessing to me from God. Thanks for sharing it.

2 comments:

Janice Garrison said...

Hi Terry,

I didn't get to hear Joneal, my friend Karla did though and she really liked her class and she too said she is very pretty. :)

I would like to send you the pictures I took at the TW. Are you on Face Book? If not if you wouldn’t mind giving me your email address I will be happy to send you the two pics. They turned out nice.

I was blessed to meet you and hear you speak.

Janice Garrison

Terry Rush said...

Janice,

It was so wonderful to meet you.

No I don't do Facebook. I'm just now weened from Crayola.

Send a note to me at
trush@memorialdrive.org

Love you!