Thursday, November 12, 2009

PEOPLE....WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT 'EM?

Drink in the wonder of knowing and being with people. That's what I get to do everyday. I go to sleep thinking about it. I wake up thinking about it. Time may fly....but it will not be without me noticing the "right nowness" of....right now.

The presence of people fascinates me. I mean it. How did I get to be so fortunate to be a man instead of a locust? I revere the most splendid creations...people. I want to just look at you. Let me rephrase....I do sit and look at you.

While some eyes are struck by the beauty of an ocean kissing the sky blue yonder, other ears are satisfied with the strong voice which says, It's a girl. Grills give off summer scent. And, touch becomes so sensational in the simplest of hugs. Senses...how powerful they are. How easily they are taken for granted. Not so with me.

Nothing exhilarates like people. How do we drink in such wonder? God is right....the Spirit flows as a river and when He indwells people....then we sit beside the perfect stream...you and me in the togetherness of the moment. Moments matter.

I often say I am the luckiest man I ever met. Too many years passed by before I could genuinely make such a claim. But what's weird for me now is the older I get the more I seem to thirst for the finer things in life.....really good people.

People....what would I do without 'em? I'd be disappointed for sure.

No comments: