Thursday, April 30, 2009

WHEN SELF WANTS TO BE THE BACKSEAT DRIVER

I've had to learn to let things go. Let them go.

Over the years I been proven to be my own enemy. I've tried controlling others. That doesn't work. I've tried manipulation. No good. I've tried manipulation through pouting. No good either.

Jesus has trained me over the years to be assertive with ease. Those two words didn't fit into one sentence in my earlier years. I've learned to let stuff go. What people say. What I say. What happens that doesn't go my way. Let-it-go. Life will be all right. God makes it so.

Sometimes it seems like someone raised the hurdles. At times I don't clear them. I fall down and skin my emotions. Both the event and I will be all right. God makes it so.

I once would kill off life in a project or a process by rectifying and re-rectifying and re-re-rectifying efforts. I learned to turn it over to Him. He's the expert at soul laundry while my efforts look like self-shout-it-out.

God makes life work. Assertive? Aggressive? I love the privilege of both. But the outcome isn't up to me. It is up to God. So I can back up and take a huge run toward the hurdle. Whether successfully sailing or fretfully falling....God makes everything work out for good because I love God and am called for His purpose.

I like life a lot better when I quit being my own backseat driver. Second guessing self is selfish. Try with all the might in which we love God. He gets the work done....in amazing ways!

Romans 8:26-39.

No comments: