Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SOME THINK THEY HAVE LOST THEIR FAITH IN GOD

How many times have you become ill? Have any of those occasions presented a significant question of "what"? What causes this rash? What leads to this pain? What is bringing about blurred vision?

It isn't unusual to note physical abnormalities strike and we are clueless as to what and why. Then why is it that when we ail spiritually we so easily and quickly self-diagnose? Ah, it's the last preacher we had. Well, if the church members weren't so hypocritical. I will never go near organized religion again as it is a scam. On and on the diatribe rails against the church in explanation or excuse as to what it is suffices as reason to skip God.

But I hurt for such ones. I know their accusations against us can be accurate. But their excuses are terribly flawed for that isn't the real reason they are detached from God's community. Oswald Chambers wrote, many have lost---not their faith in God (I never met anyone who lost his faith in God)---but their belief in their beliefs, and for a while they think they lost their faith in God.

Some feel sure they don't know what they think about God when it is quite possible they have lost faith in their belief system. God isn't needing abandoned. That answers nothing. Weak belief systems should be swept away and new lines of orderly faith brought into perspective.

This just might bring a fire back into some very dimly lit hearts. How about yours? I am rooting for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you give an example or two of what you mean by 'weak belief system'?

I think I understand what you're saying, but might be missing it.

Lynn Wiltshire said...

As you know, this is a very real struggle for me. I often try to distinguish between my love for God and my love for his church or for "a" church. Sometimes I wonder if I can have my faith in God and not so much in the church?This most likely reflects my weak belief system as you mentioned. I hope someday to reconcile this. Lynn

Terry Rush said...

Dear Westcoast (Oh, I just had a Dear Abby chill),

What I mean by weak belief system is anything subtly taken on as from God but is more likely based upon confidence in men or their traditions.

I don't believe people don't really believe in God as much as they have lost confidence in the way man has imposed himself as a lousy representative of God's style.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Blessings