Friday, March 13, 2009

The912Project.com

The 912 Project is a creation of news host Glenn Beck. He is operating from the mood of national unity the day after 9/11. He wants to restore that harmony across the land. Today he launched a vision which will be geared toward fulfillment six months from now...9/12/09.

Glenn Beck has a 4:00 p.m. (CDT) program on Fox News which is like none other. I marvel at what I'm hearing. Yeah, he can be disappointingly sarcastic. What I like about the man is he pleads for America to return to God. This is a secular television news program!

I have prayed for years that God would show up in the media. He has. He really has on this program. Beck presented 9 Principles and 12 Values in his 912 Project. The second principle is to love God with all your heart; to believe Him.

Of course I can't know the direction this might take. It could become something to which I am simply not envisioning. However, because this man is promoting God and seems so emotionally passionate about the welfare of mankind, I draw your attention to him and his program.

They brought in the biggest server they could obtain for those who wanted to respond to his presentation. During the program the server went down due to the avalanche of responses.

You might want to be aware of this development. For now, I think it is one of the more positive things going on in our nation.

8 comments:

Monk-in-Training said...

Isn't Glenn Beck a Mormon?

Terry Laudett said...

Monk,
Yes, he is.

Monk-in-Training said...

I see.

So.. to be clear this is about Politics, not about Christian Faith?

Or perhaps a better way of stating it, is Civic action.

Terry Laudett said...

Monk,
I'm not sure. I should have made clear that I'm not Terry Rush. But I just know that Glenn Beck is a Mormon. I can't answer your other question. Sorry about the confusion.

Terry Rush said...

Monk-in-Training,

I am Terry Rush but I thought the other Terry was doing quite well.

My article is about Christian faith...mine. I am proud to see God be mentioned in public as the One who is to be over our nation. That's the extent of it.

The article says this could take a turn I don't envision but for now I am grateful someone would give significant attention to the God of creation.

I hope that helps.

Vasca said...

Terry (Rush)...my husband & I have been 'tuned in' to Glenn Beck many weeks now and appreciate his zeal. From the get-go we knew he is a Mormon but we also understand he's a Godly man...w/good moral principles which God knows we need to be thinking about. I don't recall his presenting the Mormon doctrine...just a forum that presents the idea of 'an America returning to God'...he is an instrument for that...and I more than welcome it and am quite thankful. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize how far America has fallen from His principles....our all wise Father uses people and He seems to be using this man. Beck presents 'a list' to the world...it's what I believe we need to hear and to me, it doesn't matter what 'tag' the messenger wears. It's not about us, it's about God and we need to remember that. If I was screaming for help I wouldn't care what a rescuer was doctrinally...I remember the parapble of the Good Samaritan. Thanks Terry for alerting others of Beck's mission.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are supporting this movement as a means of getting others to be exactly what the name says: 9/12 Americans. Think of how you felt and who you were on 9/12/01. We can live our lives in this same manner. As for me and my family this will include showing the love of Christ to others more than we have in the past. For others it may include just being kind or helping a neighbor, even if they do not have a professed faith. God will give the increase here. Glenn Beck one man (maybe the only man) who can get the word out. Have you looked at the 9 principles and 12 values? See principle #2. That is the extent of the deliberate mention of faith. We have to just do our part how we see fit, but DO SOMETHING. I will be getting doctrine from the Word, but I refuse to say that Glenn Beck has nothing to teach me about being a grateful, helpful person because our faith is different. God is the biggest.
Mandy

Anonymous said...

I came across this site related to the 9 12 project and it had some very detailed information about the FEMA prison camps Glenn had talked about. All concerned Americans should look into this. The info is here: http://912project.wordpress.com/