Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A BIG THING I'VE LEARNED FROM OUR ELDERS

Stemming back a few elderships ago to the present, I have been the beneficiary of their good mentorship; especially in the area of worry. My last few sets of leaders were each sober about their jobs but I could not help but notice how they did not fret.

This has affected me. I desperately needed to see leaders exemplify patience, peace, and calm when under stress. I did not come to town with such attributes. I needed to learn this. Their examples have reversed my temperament to a point we could all say at least I've improved!

I'm not saying they or I never gulp wondering how God will work some things out. Neither am I stating I work beside a group who find little to be bothered about. I am saying I continually notice myself not reacting as extremely to some incidents as I once did because I observe a group of men whom I regard as close friends talk and walk as if everything will be okay.

Each of us is blessed when we get to be around leaders who are so anchored in Christ that they can be fun to be around even when the going is bumpy.

1 comment:

TD said...

Terry,

I need you to email me so I can send you an idea. My email address is tdavis@greateratlantachristian.org. Thanks