Friday, January 02, 2009

MOCKERY OF ONE ANOTHER

While Christianity carries its most amazing traits, weeds of ill taste continue to grow. One is mockery. I have swapped places. Once I could be crowned a chief of the mocking tribe.

Reverend? Don't you know that isn't in the Bible?
Church? Don't you know it isn't the building, but the people?
Sanctuary? Don't you know it is simply the auditorium?
You saw God work in your life and you haven't even yet been baptized? I doubt it.

Yes, I could snub and sneer as good as any. But I was wrong. It is not my duty to sigh in disdain when my own puny knowledge of the immeasurable God should keep me in my place upon any subtle temptation to mock. Each of us is growing in Christ. Some have been indoctrinated in grace, others in works, others in baptism, others in expository study, and others in service. Each of us has gifts of faith, but we should never esteem ourselves as better than other believers for only God hands out the gifts....Romans 12:3.

The moment we are assuming dominance over another due to comparison of what they believe compared to what we believe, the Bible says we have entered the arena of lack of understanding....II Cor. 10:12.

We have many stable and valuable traits which, when endorsed and groomed by the living Lord, will prove to be blessings for and in our communities. Religious arrogance of who's right and who's wrong needs to be monitored with extreme care. I remind you of the two guys praying; one was right and one was wrong. The wrong one went home justified by God and the right one did not. It wasn't a tie....Luke 18:9-14.

No comments: