Saturday, November 22, 2008

IT SEEMS EASIER NOT TO PRESS

This week I finished a book I have been writing for about five years. It has taken a lot of patience to keep writing between distractions as well as interruptions. Now after 250 weeks of labor there remains another significant hurdle. Will any publisher want it?

Too, I have been working on a celebrity golf tournament for two years. The goal is to raise a million dollars for Tulsa Public Elementary Schools. One door after another either closes or simply fails to open. There is one more door at which I knock. Friday when I knocked a voice on the other side said rather curtly, Go away and come back some other time. It sounded like a brush-off, yet the invitation to return leaves me with hope to try once more.

You have works you envision. We must not give up. When doors fail to open, this must only serve as a signal to watch for the doors which do. We must not get discouraged and quit knocking. Souls literally depend on our ability to endure the tides of discouragement. We just can't quit trying.

You are quite important dear colleague. None will know the amount of time you may have spent with seemingly little results. Fret not. It is worth all of the hassle and the wait when a door here and there opens for His measure of productivity. Do not quit!

It seems it would be easier not to press. But, we have too much work to do and too many people to lead to God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on dreaming and imagining things to do for the glory of God but absolutely claim hold of Ephesians 3:20-21 and remember God never says "No"--He says "Yes" or "I've got something better." (Celebrity gold tournament in 3 years that will raise 7 million, etc.)

Liz Moore said...

If God led you to write it, I'm sure he will lead someone to publish it. Can't wait to read it! Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed my typo--"GOLD tournament" instead of "GOLF tournament." Gold tournament must take A LOT of dream and imagination! God bless you!

Chadd said...

Congrats on finishing your book. I look forward to reading it!

I felt so blessed to sit with you for breakfast a couple of weeks back. Thanks!

Chadd