Thursday, August 07, 2008

SOMETIMES YA JUST GOTTA LAUGH

Mary and I have three of the funniest kids ever. When they are home, I just sit in a corner on my hands and quietly enjoy how ridiculously hilarious each of them is. Dusty is the funniest until Tim speaks and both are funnier than Wendy until she starts in. They could form a great television sit-com. Laughter is a good daily vitamin.

These two munchkins belong to Wendy and Chris. I call to leave silly grampa messages in form of song or poem or rap on their machine. When I talk to them in person and do the same they roll with uncontrollable laughter.

My week began in sadness and each day has provided more of the same. Tomorrow I do a funeral for a woman who died at age 58. I've never met her. She had no church. An email came in yesterday of one in Illinois discovering terrible cancer results. Another call from Houston: "Would you please pray for my dad who just had a stroke." This morning I spoke with one of our flock on vacation in Connecticut who landed in the hospital all week. On and on the true life stories unfold.

Sometimes we need to take inventory of the many things going right. Even in the discouraging struggles is buried the genuine life of God. We have reason to smile....even to laugh great big. Children have a way of ministering to the masses when all they thought they were doing was posing for a picture. You are just as magical, my friend.

Take your vitamins today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great kids, Terry. I love visiting with them in the hall at church. They are both very good at relaying the lesson learned in class.

Anonymous said...

Please, please do a rap video and post it on youtube. Mike Cope's singing video did pretty well.

All you need is a big clock on a chain around your neck, some bling, and at the end of the video make sure to cross your arms and tilt your head downward. I am thinking people might give money to charity for a DVD of that.

Mary Lou said...

Thanks mattdabbs for that laugh. I needed this message to laugh today. Thanks to Morning Rush, I had my laugh this morning.

tim rush said...

Matt, you'll have to explain to dad what bling is.

jackie chesnutt said...

I am thinking Mary Rush will give money to charity to keep that DVD out of the public domain!

My daughter in law was trying to get her 3 year old's attention to no avail. She finally said, 'Abby, are you a good listener?' Abby shook her head and said, "No. But, I'm funny!'

How does anyone get through their day without a bit of laughter? Thanks, Terry!