Tuesday, May 27, 2008

HIGHLY MOTIVATED

Do you ever feel over-motived? Is there such a term? My soul gets so stirred over so much. I don’t know how to talk about it….so I’m going to should you have similar feelings. Our world is shrinking meaning we can communicate farther and faster than ever. Nowadays overnight delivery of a message is archaic. This thing called email (which I didn’t want) and blogville (which I accidentally fell into) have us talking to people who we don’t know in distantal regions we can’t imagine. Add to the speed of our extension the deep hunger the world’s populace has for meaning and we find ourselves in demand!

Jesus is out-of-sight phenomenal as the solution for the entire world! I want us to continue the effort He began to win the world. I pray to win it. I dream of ways to win it. Movies stir me. Reports stir me. News of awe or ill stirs me.

Memorial Drive had a visitor Sunday morning. She responded to the invitation asking us to pray for her as she dedicates her life to God. Lisa Combs gave her a ride back to her nearby apartment. The visitor pleaded for us to please help those living in that complex. Such surroundings are depressed and dangerous….and so calling for someone to help. I will do what I can to imagine for God’s hand to move upon them.

We’ve seen good things happen due to inviting to church. There is something additionally enthusing to see the community invite the church to come to them. That’s what happened with our little nearby public elementary school and now an apartment complex is sending out S.O.S. signals. I marvel at how our people are touching the lives of the poor and/or discouraged. We are engaged in the community. Oh we certainly have a loooong way to go….but the great news is we are going.

Be encouraged. Be over-motivated. There is so much to do and so much IS already happening. The entire good God is doing in this land could not be contained in reports for earth could not hold such an extensive compilation of God-works! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome! It is great to hear how Memorial is throwing out the net to the community...and God provides the catch!

Scotty G said...

Here's a link to a good story of the church inviting itself into the community: http://www.wineskins.org/filter.asp?
SID=2&co_key=1536rp

Amanda Sanders said...

I get over-motivated all the time! Never thought of it as a good thing before. Thanks for the post.