Saturday, March 08, 2008

WHAT'S YOUR HAPPIEST TIME IN THE CHURCH?

Amazing grace lives in the church! Do you think so? I live dumbfounded and overjoyed at the talent God allows us to live in at Memorial Drive. It's everywhere! It's everywhere! Each age range has spectacular grace flowing from the members. Giving and reaching and sharing and learning is abundant. I've always dreamed of being a part of a church like this. And we aren't the only ones. He's everywhere!

We know we are not much. We know He is very much.

What makes you the happiest with the church? One of mine would be the surprises of God. He is so capable of leaving me dangling on a project so He can have my full attention and then Whamo, He shows up! I love it that He works things out. How exciting is it to live in a zone that defies earth's logic and system while engaging upon earth itself? We are in the world but not of it.

Our work force and supply house is from a distant and upper land. Our citizenship is there. We read the heavens and roam the earth. Gravity only keeps our bodies glued to the ground. Heaven's pull draws our spirits to soar with the angelic activation. How fascinating!

What is it about the church life that blows your mind?

2 comments:

Terry Laudett said...

I'm inspired by the men and women who run toward problems rather than away from them. I see members of the church who are willing to bring in a homeless couple from the streets during an ice storm and let the couple live with them until they are able to make it. I see people willing to go into the hood and reach out to drug dealers. I see members who care about others and are willing to take risks to help them know Christ. I'm inspired by the everyday heroes among us.
Terry L.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed by people that are willing to give up their comfortable lives to go into missions for longer than a week trip. There are 2 women at church that are doing this soon. One is going to Rwanda for 4 months to teach Science. The other is preparing for an 11 month mission experience. Both are quitting good jobs to step out in faith and be Christ to the world.