Wednesday, December 19, 2007

PERSON OF THE YEAR

President Putin is the Person of the Year for Time magazine! Not so fast. I don't believe the readers of my blog had much say-so in this matter. So I give you (us) as chance to register our plea for the honorable Person of the Year award to be handed out at ceremonies to be discussed at another time. Let's nominate our three top candidates.

To get us started I offer my threesome:

  1. PAM COPE for rescuing the "Magnificent Seven" children from slavery on a fishing boat in Ghana. She flew over there and "got those kids away from their captors". I applaud this Missouri housewife for her feisty ambition! She's awesome.
  2. ETHELEN MAGNUSSON for her bravery and continued faith stamina as she has taken two major falls this year, lost close and dear friends who passed away, moved from her house to her children's, and yet refuses to let down her guard. She acts as if her Saviour of all these years really saves! Good for Ethelen!
  3. TOM EZELL for his devotion to Jesus when his pretty blond quickly moved heavenward. Her death was so sudden it remains stunning to realize she is gone. His sturdy faith has not dimmed but increased. Tom is an inspiration of the strongest quality; yet he truly remains clueless as to how his faith affects ours.

Those are my three and I have more who are worthy. You can chime in on three or bring in a totally new crop of candidates whom you feel are worthy of Person of the Year consideration.

4 comments:

Donna G said...

I immediately thought of Pam Cope as well. She would get my vote.

Anonymous said...

1. Kenner Yates, who like Tom Ezell lost someone very special and is keeping his faith, and still going.

2. Daryl Hayes, new preacher at 29th and Yale in Tulsa for getting some churches together again.

3. Booker Murphy, He has not aged in 20 years and actually seems younger. He inspires my every time I see him for his joy in Christ.

Terry Rush said...

Tom,

I agree....three good ones!

Lee Keele said...

I'll vote for your three and add my wife Ginger to the list. She's a tireless soldier in the kingdom and fights for the souls of children behind the scenes. She works with vision and passion to teach small children the word of God, she does it with patience, with a smile, and with an ability to reach into and touch the minds of the people she reaches. Additionally, she is gifted by the Spirit of God in the art of encouraging those who work with her in the area of children's education. There are many churches that would pay money to have someone like her on board. She does it only for her heavenly reward. She's my hero.