Monday, December 03, 2007

INVESTING IN THE FUTURE

Give yourself away before you die.

Pay attention; not to how you are doing, but where you are being spent.

Give yourself to others. Do it wisely. Build a wall of determination to become focused on spending yourself by investing in others.

Yesterday Jason Thornton preached....while I sat down and listened. What a wonderful sermon he delivered. I called him yesterday afternoon to tell him I thought it was his best yet. This was a very great blessing to my heart. On one hand he doesn't need much training as he can hold his own in the pulpit. On the other hand, because he is effective as an instrument for God, Jason will continually be groomed and trained to become even more useful and powerful.

It brings my heart great delight to develop leadership skills by being able to retract my public appearance versus being the up-front visible one. When we die our possessions are distributed among the survivors. While we live our spiritual genes should be voluntarily distributed to our colleagues.

I encourage you to get more done by investing in the future by sharing with the present. You'll live on in others.........even after your body had faded away.

No comments: