Monday, November 05, 2007

THE EXCITEMENT OF BEING A PERSON

Be glad you are the person you are. Be glad you are you.

Oh I know you must be like me wishing you were so much more and driven to reach as much of the "moreness" as you possibly can. Ambition is a powerful tool in the arsenal of human drive. However, I find too many live their lives disappointed they turned out to be themselves. I lived that way a long time out of the church and then several years in it.

My obsession with inward focus was surely the pits. I could not find reason to get happy. Sadly, I often pointed to the errors of others to bring them down to my level since I couldn't seem to arise to theirs. I know that doesn't make me look so good; yet that's how much of it was.

Jesus changes things. Jesus changes people. Jesus changes me....day by day.

I really like waking up. I can't necessarily give sufficient explanation, but I love facing the next day and the next. I believe God will work. The people I know are phenomenal...really. I work around geniuses. I am connected to those of lavish and generous hearts. No longer do I have the need to live by comparison to others. I am in the body of Christ.

When we all get to heaven, I'm not concerned with what little acreage I might receive. A little bit of heaven will be better than a whole lot of hell. Being saved a little or a lot? Saved is saved and I'm in. I cheer you on.

Be grateful for all the things that have gone right with you, through you, for you. To wake up each morning is to take on life like it's never been lived by anyone like you before. Don't discount your value......really. Every move you make, every note you write, every call you make, and every person you kindly greet is designed with the Living God in the center. Strike out determined in your new day to be so happy you are a person.....that really matters!

You are above average because Jesus has introduced the new normal.

1 comment:

Stoogelover said...

Thanks for this, Terry.