Saturday, June 09, 2007

WHEREVER YOU ARE, WHOEVER YOU KNOW

People want to know God. Don't ever forget it. All people, I'm convinced, wonder about God. I recently watched an old clip of Jackie Gleason being interviewed by Morely Safer on 60 Minutes (not the same clip I saw three years later just before he died). This man of carousing lifestyle tells of his search for God and oft study of religion. He believed there was something to it.

For those of you too young to know who Jackie Gleason is, it would be similar to discovering Rosie O'Donnell or Paris Hilton have deep inclinations to study the life and times of Jesus. One just wouldn't have suspected their respect or interest in such a subject. And, that's my point.

I believe every person at some point(s) in their life has strong inclination to search for God. Therefore, I simply remind you today that every obstinate and offensive individual who crosses your path must not be checked off of your list regarding the question, Would they be interested in God? Of course they would....maybe not on your clock at your designated soul winning night.

Be assured everyone you know wonders....they wonder if there is a God and if there is, would He be willing to include them? Wherever you are, whoever you know.....you can count on it....somewhere along the way, they have a heart to learn of Him. That's precisely why we scatter seed to the wind. It often lands where we had least expected!

I would love to hear of your conversion story, or of another's you know, whom you would have least expected.

3 comments:

tim rush said...

A young Mexican here, by the name of Erik, used to pray before going into the slums that backed up to his richer neighborhood. He knew where the drug dealers hung out and he went to be Jesus to them. The thugs finaly got tired of it and made a plan to beat him up and rob him and perhaps more. The one known as "The Rat" spoke up and said not to hurt him. "The Rat" is now attending a preaching school in Ecuador and planning on returning to Guadalajara to plant a church later this summer.

Anonymous said...

A new Christian spoke during our morning worship today.

He noted that six months ago he or anyone he knows would have said there would be a zero percent chance that he would have been standing there today speaking to a group of Christians.

"It's amazing what God can do with zero percent," he concluded.

craig said...

In my last job, our company endured the 2003 dot com bust. During this time 75% of the staff was let go during 3 layoffs over 6 months. The day I learned of the first layoff, I immediately knew about 10 who would get the ax. Ivan, a fiery, hard and fast living, often frustrated, and explosive member of our team, I knew would be among that first group. That day he asked how I could be so calm. (He knew I had a large family.) I told him about the love of my physical church family that existed because of the love of my God. Then I told him I knew he'd been searching for answers. Astonished, he confessed his heart's desire to find God. After the layoff, we met to meet from time to time, and came to church with me once. He started attending Gateway here in Austin, and gave his life to the Master. I really didn't know how close to the kingdom Ivan was.