Sunday, June 10, 2007

eSURPRISE!!!!! SO DON'T TELL ME

I often reverse a setting just for the fun of it. A couple of years ago I was in line at airport security at Lambert Field in St. Louis. Ozzie Smith, Hall of Famer of the Cardinals, was in the same line. Others noticed him, but didn't know what to say. Of course, I did. I said Ozzie, when you were a kid, did you ever dream that one day you would find yourself standing in line with me at the airport? He gushed with laughter....as did those around....and recalled he didn't believe such would ever happen.

I've got another reversal in the works. You don't know it, but the 18th of June (one week from Monday) is my 60th birthday party. So, let's throw a big eParty! I'm arranging it. But don't tell me....it's an eSurprise!

We'll have eCake and eIce Cream. I need some of you to work on the eDecorations, others get the eSupplies and one of you be in charge of eClean-up. Of course eGifts are acceptable and eXpected!

Don't you think this will be fun? I think it might just be a first. HappE eBirthday to eMe!!!!! On that date....Monday the 18th....you can comment on my blog what you eGot me with your eMoney of which I will be most eXcited!

(Oh boy, spell check just lit up like the 4th of July. How about that? eCandles before I ever sent it out!)

12 comments:

Jill said...

i can't wait to join your eparty!! it will be a blast!

Anonymous said...

I love birthdays and eparties are always the best!

Anonymous said...

When you were a kid, did you ever think that you would be writing about your eBirthday party?

Wow. I'll bet if you would have been able to tell Ozzie about your eparty you would have seen the famous backflip in person. How cool would that have been?

cwinwc said...

Sounds like your eBirthday party will need many e-ssentials. I'll e-be there.

Anonymous said...

The last thing I'd want to do is cheapen our friendship by offering you some superficial, shallow show of affection with an e-xpensive gift. My laptop would melt under the e-normous heat of that many candles. And, my vocabulary is not e-qual to the task of properly expressing my feelings, so I'll just e-xtend to you these these time-honored wishes: Happ-e Sixt-e Birthday, Terr-e..I love you-e... wait, that didn't come out quite right...

Anonymous said...

Hey Terry! Man it was great to see you last week! I think you should consider handing out eParty favors. eCandy Cigarettes are always a hit!

Cole

David U said...

Happe early birthday! SIXTY?
Dude, you are ancient.....especially for an e-party.

Are you sure you weren't in line with Stan the Man?

DU

Anonymous said...

Terry,
e-Arlier this year I tried to e-Xprees my thankfulness for my friends by sending them an e-motional birthday message from me. But for some reason it came across as e-rrogant. So be careful not to get overly e-xcited about your special day.
Judy

P.S. Can I be in charge of the ePunch? I have a great eRecipe, not to sound e-rrogant?!?!?!
P.S.s. Yes, I eknow that e-rrogant doesn't start with an "e"

Stoogelover said...

I'll b-e there!

TREY MORGAN said...

Has anyone "called" the ebirthday whipping yet? I'll take that one.

C said...

Happy eBirthday to you! Turn up your volume and click on the link for your eCard. :-)

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=3511512475347M204463031Y&product_id=

Terry Rush said...

Ah Cindy,

What an eParty starter! Thanks!