Tuesday, January 02, 2007

THE GOLD NOBODY WANTS

Kingdom gold is buried beneath every path we tread. It sits waiting extraction from the pragmatic to be drawn into the practical. Seldom do we dig it. The gold I speak of is the enormous value of rejection. Rejection is why preachers quit and elders resign. Too, it's why many potential leaders never start. If anyone is to become all they can be, they must learn to accept the framework of being insulted, abused, neglected, and injured. It doesn't go with the territory, IT IS THE TERRITORY.

Did He go to the cross? Are we expected to take up ours? Everyday? Are we called to count it all joy when we suffer? Really? Are we called to endure harsh treatment? Why are these important questions?

Because the answer to each one determines whether the believer will make it or break it. Too many good leaders quit. They just gave up. The church wasn't too mean. Their ideas weren't too stupid. They didn't understand God way of leadership. It carries the weight of perpetual and persisent burden. Such is our training ground. Many good leaders are in the making. Many will never finish because they don't like conflict; they don't like being rejected. Who does?

It's the path of Jesus....the slaughtered lamb. There is no other route to take. Nada! "We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered." "Death works in us, but life in you" and on and on the text calls forth believers.

If your life is pretty rough at the moment, you have my sympathy and my applause. You may not be doing everything right. You surely are in a postion to discover gold!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Terry Laudett

Anonymous said...

Perfect fit with the James 1:2-3, Bible reading I did yesterday. Perfect.

Glad I stopped by this morning :)

Anonymous said...

What you said is so true. Thanks for the encouraging reminder.

Jeanne said...

This just continues what was so powerful this Sunday. I loved Sunday - the focus on the cross really resonated with me. I've been pondering for several years now the passage about taking up my cross and all that means to me and for me. I believe it calls me deeper and deeper into Him; into zones that the world sees only as suffering, but for the sake of the cross I can endure and see the joy that awaits me just on the other side of the suffering. Thanks for the reminder!