Wednesday, January 03, 2007

God Works

One of my favorite characteristics of God is He actually participates in our lives; in us. I pray constantly asking him not to leave me up at the pulpit by myself. I expect Him to connect the dots when I don't know who the dots/what the dots are nor how I fit in.

I encourage you that our Living God is an Active God. From cover to cover of the Word, He steadily reveals His love of defying the odds by working wonders for/through/with the underdog.

I fit into the kingdom perfectly because I am so nothing. So do you! "And such confidence we have through Christ toward God, not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God.

Feeling a little lacking lately? Good. He's the One who makes life pop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for your encouraging words. I was privileged to hear the testimony of our youth minister, Willie Sanchez last night. God was so alive through an extremely difficult time in his life. It was amazing. One thing he said he learned about God being alive and active in our lives is when someone is going through something like that, you can't just tell them that God is there and He won't leave them. When they are going through something like that, they won't believe you. He said you have to show them. Point out to them specific things going on where you can see God is alive and active in their life. It was one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard.