Wednesday, March 02, 2016

WE DO WHAT WE CAN DO...GOD DOES THE MORE

A strong frustration fills the air.  Which religious bent, or whether one has any faith at all, it is a real challenge for each of us to get through a day without perplexing issues that, at times, tend to eat our lunch.  Therefore, I sit a this computer hoping to enter words that will offer you an authentic glimmer of hope.

In my younger years I was engaged in a major battle.  The turf was days; any day that included me in it.  The problem was that I could not get people to do what I believed they should.  Ever been there?  The result was incredible worry....always....about....them.  Why couldn't they get a grip on what I had a grip on? Furthermore, why was it that I had the grip; yet, they seemed to be the happier?

Go figure.

I was leading my cause to assist the world to become a better place by being actively responsible and assertively productive.  Such was an inner drive and I'm glad.  My intent was to bless others; help them out.  But my plans didn't seem to flow well. Entanglement, conflict, even argument, perpetuated.  While pushing forward, I seemed to be losing ground as so many others couldn't seem to get the picture.

Ultimately, I discovered that the problem wasn't them...first.  It was me...first.  You know...like take the log out of your own eye so that you can see that the log you thought was in theirs was really in your own and theirs was truly, surprisingly, only a speck? Oh how we believe this to be true...for others.  Our self-importing exemption is what's blocking us from the peace and joy and hope that God offers...freely offers for any who wish to drink.

The solution for us could be that we are to do what we can do; plus recognize that God can do more than we estimate of ourselves.  God has effective moves up His sleeve that no one has thought about yet.  I know.  I know that such a suggestion is sheerly elementary.  I know, too, that the church is fundamentally not doing it.  We are subtly, oh so subtly, subject to giving God our best and believing in our own (lacking) skills.

We are giving the kingdom our best shot.  Our best shot, however, has a patch over both eyes.  We have forgotten to lift our eyes to His wonder.  May we believe whole-HEARTedly that at this date in history, mankind has yet to scratch the surface of God's prepared supply from which He is ready to give a hand-out to any who would dare peer into the strength of His mighty warehouse.

Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heardAnd which have not entered the heart of manAll that God has prepared for those who love Him,” I Cor. 2:9.

No comments: